Monday 1 February 2016

Jay's Painted eclectic Cultists.

Hi all,

So after a weekend of steady painting I have an (almost) fully painted ten man warband. Below is a pic of the cultists. Sorry about the naff quality, did these on my phone. Once I have done the freehand on my knight and finished Lazarus the zombie, I will dig the macro camera out. Although I find that the camera reeeealy shows my flaws.

The colour scheme is a bit all over the place, but I have been painting WW2 Germans for two months and wanted to splash a bit of colour around. I stuck to the same palette throughout to give the guys a bit of similarity without going full uniformal, as I think this detracts from the feel of rag-tag cultists I was going for. The purple hoods unify them enough to be recognised as followers of Krosh.





Reckon I can do a bit better on the bases, funny how pics make you take a second look at things. Let's regard these as WIP come to think about it!!

All in, this were great models to paint, the detail was nice and I look forward to my next wave of cultists. I'm looking at an upgrading from thugs to men at arms and getting some infantrymen in the first few games, but no plan survives first contact and I am not jinxing myself by building models prematurely only to have to fork out for a new apprentice after game two!

Regards,

Jay.

No comments:

Post a Comment