Wednesday 3 February 2016

The Written Word

So this post will probably be a short and sweet one, but lets see how it pans out.

With Alderghast being an elementalist I thought I'd dive straight in with his schools spells. I wanted to hit hard enough, but at the same I didn't want to lose my casters on day 1! That said, I knew I wanted to keep with a theme too. Still wanting to go down the dark caster route, I opened the spells up.

Elementalist School - 3 spells
  • Call Storm
  • Elemental Bolt
  • Elemental Shield
So "Call Storm" is a cool buff spell, giving a nice area effect to reduce arrows effectiveness. It also stacks, making it pretty handy. Cast on a 12

"Elemental Bolt" kinda speaks for itself: ZAP. Simple. Cast on a 12

"Elemental Shield" seems a good choice to have, giving my casters a little more durability. Cast on a 10

Aligned Schools - 1 spell from each of the three schools. These are +2 to cast
  • Summon Demon - Summoner School
  • Enchant Armour - Enchanter School
  • Decay - Chronomancer School
These were quite hard to get feeling right to be honest!
"Summon Demon" felt right. Suitably dark, and adds another body to the table, with a greater demon possibly getting onto the table! Only issue is I don't have any models for this, and I'm not 100% sold on the current three models North Star do. Cast on a 12+2

"Enchant Armour" speaks for itself, survival is still key. Especially if Jay has his usual luck! Cast on a 8+2

"Decay" was probably the hardest choice for these spells. I think I went with it in the end as it sounded fitting enough. Cast on a 12+2

Neutral Schools - 2 spells chosen from five schools. These are +4 to cast
  • Familiar - Witch School
  • Raise Zombie - Necromancer School

"Familiar" seems a good choice, giving me a +2 health stat. Nice and simple. Cast on a 8+4

"Raise Zombie" was too good a choice to ignore. This was I will admit, more themed choice again! Cast on a 8+4

There you have it, my casting choices! I've gone back to the drawing board with my gang choices, so I'll leave that for the time being... I think getting hold of the soldier box early next week will help me decide there. Anyways, hope I haven't bored you all to tears!

Hoops

No comments:

Post a Comment