Wednesday 3 February 2016

More Painted Stuff!

So it's Hoops again, I thought I'd get a couple of posts in today. The first will be my wizard Alderghast, the second will be my magic choices and initial gang/crew/team/peeps set up...

So I got the main man himself finished on Monday eve, and I'm happy enough with him. I may revisit the fire on his hand at some point, but to be fair that isn't the highest on my priorities at the mo!
So Alderghast is a North Star Mini's "Male Battle Mage", a lovely model that I butchered :D I mainly chose him as the pose was pretty epic and I knew I wanted a sword not a staff as his primary weapon.




First thing I did was remove the wand and green stuff in some fire. As stated before, I'm not 100% with this, so likeliness is I'll come back to this later and improve it with some liquid green stuff. But as it stands, it's not a shabby job

 
I will say this now: I know he is wearing armour, yet I'm not bothered! The hand holding the fire just would not glue, so the drill came out to keep it secure. That phase done, and it was onto painting.
I stuck to the same colour scheme from the apprentice, quickly realising just how much I hate yellow still! An overnight drying of strong tone, then an hour with the layers and I got this final result:





Not a bad evenings work, and I'm liking how my war band is starting to take shape. I got my familiar painted too whilst I was at it, an old GW demonette from back in the days. Whilst strictly not needing its own model on its own base, was just a little too cool to pass up!
Finally here's a nice little "family photo" of the war band so far, and I'm looking forward to my new soldiers turning up on Monday or before!

Enjoy!

Hoops

No comments:

Post a Comment