Friday 29 January 2016

A Painted Model... Finally!

So as soon as my Wizard and Apprentice turned up I actually got paint to model. Now, Jay will tell you I'm a nightmare, it took me YEARS to paint pretty much anything. I love the hobby, but painting has always been a means to an end for me. Recently however I've started to push myself a bit, expand my techniques etc...

So the Apprentice was painted first to test the scheme I had in my head.





Viron Zikal is "Ellus Mann, Wizard" from Reaper Mini's, and I decided to leave him standard. After clipping him off his base, I gave him an under coat and put down the base layers and tones.



From there I left him and the air drying clay base overnight to dry and set and came back to him today.








I'm not the best painter in the world, I doubt I'll ever win any awards, but I'm happy with this guy! His colour palette is pretty simple, some nice "fire colours", all (except the tone, which is Army Painter strong tone) from Games Workshop. Apologies if you struggle with the pictures, these were done with my iPhone! Onto the Wizard tonight, where hopefully for the first time in, well, ever that I might get my models painted before Jay!!

Cross your fingers for me :D

Hoops

No comments:

Post a Comment