Sunday 17 April 2016

New warband for Jay.

So,

with the full time death of the Necromancer Krosh I needed a new warband. I had some perry miniatures agincourt french infantry knocking about and got to work. Jon used these as proxy for his band in the last AAR but I managed to get them painted up last night.

Whilst not quite as high as my normal standard, I have a ton of poop that needs painting and not much time between now and my next Frostgrave game, so I just banged them out in one night and only when seeing the pictures do I realise I reaaaaly need to touch these up. But that's a week away. Here they are in their current state:

Group Shot.

 Wizard and Apprentice (as yet unnamed).
These guys are made from some bits of the Cultists set and extras from the Agincourt box.
 5 Thugs/ Men at arms.
 2 crossbowmen, Knight and 2 Templars.

The whole red and blue thing makes them look like 'Team Superman' but it's two colours I have not done in a while so I indulged myself. 

The plan so far is to use these as my new summoner warband. Whilst I currently have no Demon or imp models I think starting out I will utilize the two Templars as 'Demonic Hellknights' until I source some demons. 

For anyone interested, the Perry models have some excellent parts and bodies for Frostgrave, and I recommend them highly. 30 models for £20 (iirc) is a good deal. Ample single and two handed weapons with armored and unarmored bodies. However there is no bows. So if archers are your thing then you will need some conversion pieces. I like crossbows. Thunk. Also there are no bare heads so making thieves from these sprues may be a challenge.  

All in all these guys will do, and fingers crossed they will last longer than Krosh's crew! 

Many thanks for looking,

Jay.

No comments:

Post a Comment